What is ARIS?
ARIS is a first of its kind innovative system that enables you to view student information, explore instructional resources, and collaborate with teachers in your school and across New York City -- all in one place!
| View your students' academic, attendance, and contact information|
| Examine your student date in the form of useful charts and graphs|
- Engage in collaborative inquiry with your colleagues
- Find or create a community of shared interest
- Share a resource with your colleagues
- Explore professional competencies
- Reflect on your strength and growth areas
- Develop your learning plan
- Choose your learning opportunities
How can I log-in and check it out?Log in to ARIS anytime, from any computer, at www.nyc.gov/schools/ARIS
. Log on using your DOE username and password. Your DOE username is the first part of your e-mail address. Need an e-mail, password, or general help logging on? Click on The First Time Login Guide.
Still need help? Call the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
What can I do in ARIS?
See how the kids in YOUR class are doing and monitor progress by going to the My Students tab. There you can:
- Organize your students’ information, the way you want to see it Check out your students' history, attendance patterns, contact information, and scores all in one place
- Create groups for differentiated instruction and to help monitor student progress
Connect with people and resources by going to the Connect tab. There you can:
- Access and contribute to a library of instructional resources contributed by educators citywide
- Get involved with communities of practice throughout the city
- Identify educators who have similar interests and face similar challenges, and collaborate on solutions
- Organize and share work documents with team members and colleagues
New data and tools will be added to ARIS through the school year, so be sure to check back periodically to see what’s new.
How can I learn to use ARIS?
- Watch a Recorded Training Session! Access training materials in the ARIS Training/Information Community in ARIS Connect by clicking on this link.
- You will be asked to sign in to ARIS. Please enter in your DOE username and password. Your DOE username is the first part of your e-mail address (the part before the @ symbol).
- Call the ARIS helpdesk at 1-866-562-6618 if you have questions about how to use the site.
What are teachers saying about ARIS?
Contributors to current public “discussions” about ARIS on the ARIS site write:
“I love the ‘new ARIS.’ It’s user friendly, quick and the amount of information available is amazing. I can’t wait to see the Predictive scores posted.”
“I actually like the new student data features. I think being able to organize all the data by class, subject, grade, ELLs, and IEPs is very purposeful and will save us some leg work.”
What do you think about ARIS?
Send an e-mail to ARISFeedback@schools.nyc.gov to let us know what you think, or, even better, use the feature in ARIS that enables you to provide suggestions directly to the people who are developing the system: click on the “Report a Problem” link in the upper right corner of your screen to leave feedback or request support.
First Time Login Guide
Help a Teacher Login
Postcard for Teachers