Below you will find resources to support the development of our current and aspiring leaders in examing the core of our work--teaching and learning.
Please take full advantage of these tools and contact us to suggest resources that have been helpful to your practice. Note that the leadership library does not showcase every tool used or endorse any particular resource.
Commonly Used Authors and Texts
- A Framework For Teaching, 2nd Edition by Charlotte Danielson (2007)
- Looking Together at Student Work by Blyth, Allen and Powell (2008)
- Talk about Teaching!: Leading Professional Conversations by Danielson (2009)
- The Handbook For Enhancing Professional Practice: Using the Framework for Teaching In Your School by Charlotte Danielson (2008)
Planning & Mapping:
- Getting Results with Curriculum Mapping by Heidi Hayes Jacobs (2004)
- The Curriculum Mapping Planner: Templates, Tools, and Resources for Effective Professional Development by Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Ann Johnson (2009)
- Understanding by Design by Grant Wiggins (2005)
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, Myra Bergman Ramos, and Donaldo Macedo (2000)
- Checking For Understanding: Formative Assessments Techniques For Your Classroom by Nancy E. Frey and Douglas B. Fisher (2007)
- Results Now: How we can Achieve Unprecedented Improvements in Teaching and Learning by Michael J. Schmoker (2006)