The Teacher Leadership Program (TLP) is a year-long, skills-based course for instructional improvements through teacher teams. Participants have the opportunity to develop and practice leadership skills, set goals with their colleagues, and connect instructional dialogue to teacher practices by using formative and summative assessment data, lesson plans, and classroom observations under real conditions and in real time at their schools. Participants work in cohorts to problem-solve issues with their school-based teams.
- Minimum two years as a pre-K to 12 teacher
- Must be a member of a school-based team focused on improving student outcomes
- Priority given to teachers who are in leadership roles or will be in leadership roles (team leader, department chair, lead teacher, mentor, etc.) in the upcoming school year
- Facilitation, coaching, and communication skills
- Ability to develop a professional learning community (PLC) with the goal of improving teaching and learning
- Knowledge of research-based protocols, tools, and techniques that facilitate collaborative learning environments
- Knowledge of Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) and instructional shifts needed to lead and support colleagues in inquiry work aligned to the citywide instructional expectations and Quality Review
Recruitment begins spring 2013; sessions begin in October
The TLP application is currently open and closes on May 10, 2013.
Click here for more information regarding the application process,
Leticia Pineiro - LPineiro@schools.nyc.gov