These 3 activities provide 3 hours and 50 minutes of professional development. If you have 2 hours and 30 minutes, it is strongly recommended that you use the activities entitled “Gallery Walk of Key Documents and Expectations” and “Looking at Students’ Thinking and Surfacing the Gaps,” in that order. Note that this requires at least one assignment and the student work it generated. If you have only 1 hour and 30 minutes, we recommend that you use the activity entitled “Calibrating on Teacher Practice on Competencies 3b and 3d.” Note that this requires access to ARIS Learn to view the video of teacher practice.
In “Gallery Walk of Key Documents and Expectations,” participants will:
- Deepen their understanding of key citywide documents, expectations of teaching planning, and representative samples of student work/thinking.
- Engage in a mid-year “check-in” regarding the alignment of teaching and learning to citywide expectations in order to inform their planning for future CCLS-aligned units.
In “Looking at Students’ Thinking and Surfacing the Gaps,”participants will:
- Analyze what student work reveals about student thinking, surface gaps between current student work/thinking and the skills/content knowledge targeted in the keys documents and expectations utilized in the “Gallery Walk of Key Documents and Expectations.”
- Consider the implications of these gap for planning their next CCLS-aligned unit.
In “Calibrating on Teacher Practice on Competencies 3b and 3d,” participants will:
- Be able to accurately align evidence of teacher practice to the language of the Danielson rubric.
Gallery Walk of Key Documents and Expectations
Looking at Students' Thinking and Surfacing the Gaps
Calibrating on Teacher Practice on Competencies 3b and 3d