Pre-K for All’s research-based Interdisciplinary Units of Study, created by the Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) in collaboration with researchers, support student learning in all domains using developmentally appropriate practice.
The interdisciplinary units, grounded in the Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core (PKFCC), follow the Scope and Sequence for the Units of Study
The enclosed curriculum units may be used for educational, non-profit purposes only. If you are not a Pre-K for All provider, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to request permission to use this curriculum or any portion thereof. Please indicate
- The name and location of your school or program
- Which units you would like to use
- How you intend to use them.
Programs have the option to use the NYC DOE Interdisciplinary Units of Study in their Pre-K for All classrooms. This memo
developed in collaboration with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), provides an overview of the curricular approach that is based on scientifically valid research, adheres to a developmentally appropriate Scope and Sequence, and is aligned with city, state and federal standards of learning.
We strongly encourage you to view the Unit 1 Tutorial
to understand how to best implement the unit in your classroom.
Units of Study
There are two versions of the units, geared towards your site’s Instructional Track:
- For sites participating in the NYC Explore Track, use of the units is mandatory in combination with Building Blocks:
- For sites participating in all other Instructional Tracks:
Additional resources to support teachers and school leaders in using the units:
Instructional Coordinators will work with sites to unpack the units and assist with implementation.
Please email email@example.com with feedback or questions. The DECE will continue to revise and refine these units based on pre-K program feedback.
Units of Study Foundational and Supporting Texts
The foundational and supporting texts from Pre-K for All Interdisciplinary Units of Study can be purchased through Booksource/ GL Group.
District Schools and Pre-K Centers:
To order books from the units through FAMIS, visit shopdoe.com and enter:
- 289371007 for the complete book collection for all Units
- 289370868 for the foundational texts and 289369290 for the supporting texts from Unit 1: Welcome to Pre-K
- 289371279 for the foundational texts and 289371287 for the supporting texts from Unit 2: My Five Senses
- 289371309 for the foundational texts and 289371503 for the supporting texts from Unit 3: All About Us
- 289371856 for the foundational texts and 28937183X for the supporting texts from Unit 4: Where We Live
- 289371872 for the foundational texts and 289372135 for the supporting texts from Unit 5: Transportation
- 289372127 for the foundational texts and 289372143 for the supporting texts from Unit 6: Light
- 289372151 for the foundational texts and 289372453 for the supporting texts from Unit 7: Water
- 289372445 for the foundational texts and 289372437 for the supporting texts from Unit 8: Plants
- 289372429 for the foundational texts and 289372933 for the supporting texts from Unit 9: Babies
- 28937295X for the foundational texts and 289372941 for the supporting texts from Unit 10: Transformation
To order books from the units through Booksource.com, complete the order form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: some titles may not be available as they are out of print.