“Families across our city have more options and opportunities to find high-quality pre-K than ever before…together, we can help our children achieve a world-class education, starting with this crucial extra year of expanding vocabulary and building critical thinking skills through rich experiential learning.”
-NYC Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña
What Does it Mean to Be a Pre-K for All Provider?
- Provide Pre-K programming for 6 hours 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 180 days.
- Offer a Pre-K program that is free to all students.
- Create and maintain a high-quality program for children and families including:
- Positive Classroom Environment
- Family Engagement
Becoming a Pre-K for All Provider: First Year at a Glance
1. RFP Process: Summer 2017
- Register for an account in HHS Accelerator.
- Pre-qualify your HHS Accelerator account in a service you provide.
- Using the RFP documents on HHS Accelerator, craft a proposal to best reflect your proposed program.
- Providers are also invited to propose 3-K for All services for sites to be located in Community School Districts 7 and 23 through this RFP(Detailed information on eligibility and proposal submission is outlined in the RFP documents).
2. Pre-Opening Readiness Support: January to August 2018
- New pre-K providers receive instructional and operational support in launching their Pre-K for All program.
- Supports include: centralized enrollment, site readiness, instructional support, family engagement, and operational guidance.
3. Post-Opening Support: September 2018 and beyond
- Pre-K providers continue to be supported in operating high-quality pre-K programs.
- Supports include: targeted professional development, program assessment, and operations compliance assistance.
If you have any questions about the RFP timeline or documents, please reach out to the Division of Early Childhood Education at PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov.
Becoming a 3-K for All Provider
3-K for All is the City’s recently launched initiative to provide free, full-day, high-quality early childhood education for every three-year-old in New York City. We are seeking eligible providers interested in partnering with the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) to provide free, full-day, high-quality 3-K for All services in Community School Districts 7 (South Bronx) and 23 (Brownsville, East New York, Ocean Hill, Brooklyn) starting in the 2018-19 school year.
On August 29, 2017, the NYCDOE released an amendment to the 2018-19 Full-Day Pre-K for All Request for Proposals (RFP), allowing providers in Community School Districts 7 and 23 to propose 3-K for All Services. Interested providers are encouraged to carefully review all information outlined in the Pre-K for All Full-Day Services 2018-2019 procurement and 3-K for All Addendum to learn more about eligibility and proposal submission.
To be eligible to propose 3-K services through the August 29 3-K for All Addendum, proposed 3-K sites must be located within the boundaries of Community School District 7 or 23. You will find additional instructions in the 3-K addendum regarding how to confirm your site’s school district and eligibility, but are encouraged to begin by ensuring that your proposed site is located within District 7 or 23 by using the City’s Geographic Online Address Translator (GOAT)
To sign up to receive email updates, and for questions, please email PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov
. Additional information regarding this RFP can also be found on our Division of Early Childhood Education RFP website.
We encourage you to join us for an information session to learn more about what it means to be a pre-K provider and about the application process.
The Information Sessions are designed to provide a general overview for potential Pre-K for All providers. We will discuss the vision for Pre-K for All, where we are now, and how you can play a significant role in ensuring that every age-appropriate child has access to high-quality early education. Learn about what it means to be a pre-K provider, who is eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 school year, and what programmatic supports your organization is offered if awarded to provide a Pre-K for All program.
Potential Pre-K for All providers are permitted to attend any session listed below. While the Information Sessions are labeled by borough it is not necessary for your proposed site to be located in that borough. Below is a list of dates and locations as well as links to register for upcoming sessions. Registration is required.
Pre-K for All Provider Information Session (Manhattan)
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
2nd flr Conference Room Register
3-K for All Provider Information Session (Bronx – District 7)
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
535 Union Ave, Bronx, NY 10455
3-K for All Provider Information Session (Brooklyn – District 23)
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
1665 St. Marks Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11233
Conference Room Register
In order to view and submit a proposal in response to the Pre-K for All RFP, your organization must have an account and be prequalified in the HHS Accelerator system. If your organization is not already prequalified in HHS Accelerator, we encourage you to take this step as soon as possible.
Create an Account
Follow these steps to create an HHS Accelerator account and submit a prequalification application:
- Create an Account – Account Creation and Adding Users Checklist
- Get Prequalified – Prequalification Checklist and Resources and FAQs
Once you are prequalified through HHS Accelerator, you will automatically be notified when the next Pre-K for All RFP becomes available.
If you have any questions about creating an account or completing the prequalification application, please reach out to the HHS Accelerator help desk at email@example.com