“Families across our city have more options and opportunities to find high-quality pre-K than ever before…together, we can help our children achieve a world-class education, starting with this crucial extra year of expanding vocabulary and building critical thinking skills through rich experiential learning.”
-NYC Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña
What Does it Mean to Be a Pre-K for All Provider?
- Provide Pre-K programming for 6 hours 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 180 days.
- Offer a Pre-K program that is free to all students.
- Create and maintain a high-quality program for children and families including:
- Positive Classroom Environment
- Family Engagement
Becoming a Pre-K for All Provider: First Year at a Glance
1. RFP Process: Summer 2017
- Register for an account in HHS Accelerator.
- Pre-qualify your HHS Accelerator account in a service you provide.
- Using the RFP documents on HHS Accelerator, craft a proposal to best reflect your proposed program.
2. Pre-Opening Readiness Support: January to August 2018
- New pre-K providers receive instructional and operational support in launching their Pre-K for All program.
- Supports include: centralized enrollment, site readiness, instructional support, family engagement, and operational guidance.
3. Post-Opening Support: September 2018 and beyond
- Pre-K providers continue to be supported in operating high-quality pre-K programs.
- Supports include: targeted professional development, program assessment, and operations compliance assistance.
If you have any questions about the RFP timeline or documents, please reach out to the Division of Early Childhood Education at PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov.
We encourage you to join us for an information session to learn more about what it means to be a pre-K provider and about the application process.
The Information Sessions are designed to provide a general overview for potential Pre-K for All providers. We will discuss the vision for Pre-K for All, where we are now, and how you can play a significant role in ensuring that every age-appropriate child has access to high-quality early education. Learn about what it means to be a pre-K provider, who is eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 school year, and what programmatic supports your organization is offered if awarded to provide a Pre-K for All program.
Potential Pre-K for All providers are permitted to attend any session listed below. While the Information Sessions are labeled by borough it is not necessary for your proposed site to be located in that borough. Below is a list of dates and locations as well as links to register for upcoming sessions. Registration is required.
Pre-K For All Provider Information Session (Brooklyn)
Thursday, August 10, 2017
1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
65 Court St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Pre-K for All Provider Information Session (Manhattan)
Monday, August 14, 2017
3 p.m.. – 5 p.m.
125 Worth Street, New York, NY 10013
Pre-K for All Provider Information Session (Bronx)
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
1 Fordham Plaza, Bronx, NY 10458
Conference Room 821Register
In order to view and submit a proposal in response to the Pre-K for All RFP, your organization must have an account and be prequalified in the HHS Accelerator system. If your organization is not already prequalified in HHS Accelerator, we encourage you to take this step as soon as possible.
Create an Account
Follow these steps to create an HHS Accelerator account and submit a prequalification application:
- Create an Account – Account Creation and Adding Users Checklist
- Get Prequalified – Prequalification Checklist and Resources and FAQs
Once you are prequalified through HHS Accelerator, you will automatically be notified when the next Pre-K for All RFP becomes available.
If you have any questions about creating an account or completing the prequalification application, please reach out to the HHS Accelerator helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend an HHS Accelerator Support Session
We encourage you to join us for a Pre-K For All: HHS Accelerator Support session to learn more about the system that potential Pre-K for All providers are required to use to view the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents and submit a proposal. Pre-K for All: HHS Accelerator Support creates a space for early childhood providers to receive individual attention on the HHS Accelerator System including the process to get prequalified and submit proposals in the system. The session covers
- an overview of the system;
- getting prequalified in HHS Accelerator and
- how to submit proposals in the system.
Potential Pre-K for All providers are permitted to attend any session listed below. While the Pre-K for All: HHS Accelerator Support sessions are labeled by borough it is not necessary for your proposed site to be located in that borough. Registration is required.
HHS Accelerator Support (Queens)
Friday, August 11, 2017
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
28-11 Queens Plaza N., Long Island City, NY 11101
Computer Lab 4th Floor Register
HHS Accelerator Support (Brooklyn)
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
4 Metrotech, Brooklyn, NY
19th Flr – Computer lab Register