“Building on our work to make full-day, high-quality Pre-K for All a reality, 3-K for All will ease the financial burden on parents and give our littlest New Yorkers an invaluable head-start in life.”
-Mayor Bill de Blasio
What Does it Mean to Be a Pre-K for All and 3-K for All Provider?
- Provide programming for 6 hours 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 180 days.
- Offer a program that is free to all students.
- Create and maintain a high-quality program for children and families including:
- Positive Classroom Environment
- Family Engagement
Becoming a Pre-K for All and 3-K for All Provider: First Year at a Glance
1. Proposal Preparation & Submission: Summer 2018
- Register for an account in HHS Accelerator.
- Pre-qualify your HHS Accelerator account in a service you provide.
- Using the RFP documents on HHS Accelerator, craft a proposal that best reflects your proposed program.
- Submit your proposal through HHS Accelerator before the close of the RFP.
2. Proposal Evaluation: Fall 2018 - January 2019
- The DOE launches into the evaluation of your proposal(s).
- Await award determinations and additional DOE announcements.
3. Pre-Opening Readiness Support: January 2019 to August 2019
- New Pre-K and 3-K providers receive instructional and operational support in launching their Pre-K for All and/or 3-K for All program.
- Supports include: centralized enrollment, site readiness, instructional support, family engagement, and operational guidance.
4. Post-Opening Support: September 2019 and beyond
- Pre-K and 3-K providers continue to be supported in operating high-quality programs.
- Supports include: targeted professional development, program assessment, and operations compliance assistance.
If you have any questions about the RFP, please reach out to the Division of Early Childhood Education at PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov.
In order to view and submit a proposal in response to the Pre-K for All and 3-K for All RFP, your organization must have an account and become prequalified in the HHS Accelerator system. If your organization is not already prequalified in HHS Accelerator, we encourage you to take this step as soon as possible.
Please be advised that becoming prequalified on HHS Accelerator will only allow you to view the RFP and submit a proposal. Becoming prequalified does not
mean you have successfully submitted a Pre-K and/or 3-K for All proposal.
Create an Account
Follow these steps to create an HHS Accelerator account and submit a prequalification application:
- Create an Account – Account Creation and Adding Users Checklist
- Get Prequalified – Prequalification Checklist and Resources and FAQs
Once you are prequalified through HHS Accelerator, you will automatically be notified when the next RFP becomes available.
If you have any questions about creating an HHS Accelerator account or compelting the prequalification application, please reach out to the HHS Accelerator help desk at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the RFP, please reach out to the Division of Early Childhood Education at PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov