“Families across our city have more options and opportunities to find high-quality pre-K than ever before…together, we can help our children achieve a world-class education, starting with this crucial extra year of expanding vocabulary and building critical thinking skills through rich experiential learning.”
-NYC Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña
What Does it Mean to Be a Pre-K for All Provider?
- Provide Pre-K programming for 6 hours 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 180 days.
- Offer a Pre-K program that is free to all students.
- Create and maintain a high-quality program for children and families including:
- Positive Classroom Environment
- Family Engagement
Becoming a Pre-K for All Provider: First Year at a Glance
1. RFP Process: Summer 2017
- Register for an account in HHS Accelerator.
- Pre-qualify your HHS Accelerator account in a service you provide.
- Using the RFP documents on HHS Accelerator, craft a proposal to best reflect your proposed program.
2. Pre-Opening Readiness Support: January to August 2018
- New pre-K providers receive instructional and operational support in launching their Pre-K for All program.
- Supports include: centralized enrollment, site readiness, instructional support, family engagement, and operational guidance.
3. Post-Opening Support: September 2018 and beyond
- Pre-K providers continue to be supported in operating high-quality pre-K programs.
- Supports include: targeted professional development, program assessment, and operations compliance assistance.
If you have any questions about the RFP timeline or documents, please reach out to the Division of Early Childhood Education at PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov.
We encourage you to join us for an information session to learn more about what it means to be a pre-K provider and about the application process. We will post a calendar with dates and locations as well as links to register for upcoming information sessions here shortly. Please check back soon for updated information.
In the meantime, please feel free to review the program overview to better understand what it means to be a Pre-K for All provider and what the application process entails.
In order to view and submit a proposal in response to the Pre-K for All RFP, your organization must have an account and be prequalified in the HHS Accelerator system
. If your organization is not already prequalified in HHS Accelerator, we encourage you to take this step as soon as possible.
Follow these steps to create an HHS Accelerator account and submit a prequalification application:
- Create an Account – Account Creation and Adding Users Checklist
- Get Prequalified – Prequalification Checklist and Resources and FAQs
Once you are prequalified through HHS Accelerator, you will automatically be notified when the next Pre-K for All RFP becomes available.
If you have any questions about creating an account or completing the prequalification application, please reach out to the HHS Accelerator helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.