Contact the CHAMPS team at CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov or 347-871-2227.
For press inquiries about CHAMPS, contact call the Department of Education’s Office of Communications and Media Relations at 212-374-5141.
School Program and Portal Inquiries
Principals, teachers, and teacher-coaches can contact the activity-specific coordinator:
- Badminton, Fitness Club (Brooklyn), Flag Rugby, Soccer, and Swimming: Mr. Ovidiu Grozav, email@example.com.
- Cheerleading, Dance, Double Dutch, Field Hockey, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Step, Tai Chi, Track & Field and Yoga: Ms. Kathleen Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Developmental Volleyball, Girls’ Middle School Volleyball League (MSVL), and Fitness Club (Queens): Ms. Wanda Castaner, email@example.com.
- Developmental Basketball, Fitness Club (Manhattan), Netball, Elementary Flag Football, Elementary Soccer, Elementary Volleyball, Elementary Track & Field: Mr. Kevin Baumann, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fitness Club (Bronx), Flag Football, Floor Hockey and Boys’ and Girls’ Middle School Basketball League (MSBL): Mr. Alan Semel, email@example.com.
- Cricket, Cross Country, Lacrosse, One-wall Handball, Table Tennis, Team Handball, Track & Field, and Wrestling: Gus Riozzi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baseball, Elementary BOKS Program, and Softball: Ms. Madeline Sandoval, email@example.com.
For questions regarding per-session payroll, email CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov and include “Payroll” in the subject line.
For questions regarding Title IX compliance, contact:
Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity Management
Jeannie Gallego, Acting Title IX Attorney
65 Court Street, Suite 1102
Brooklyn, NY 11201
View the Department of Education's Anti-Discrimination Policy.