G&T Test View Requests
To request to view your child’s Gifted & Talented test, click here
Please note that the test view is solely an opportunity to view your child’s test and see the answers that she/he selected during the test administration. This is not an appeals process.
You may also make the test view request in writing by sending a certified letter
postmarked no later than May 3, 2013
New York City Department of Education
Office of Assessment/Gifted & Talented Test Review
52 Chambers Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10007
The written request must include:
- Child's first and last name
- Child's date of birth
- Parent/Guardian first and last name
- Current home address
- Home, work, and cell number
- Name, address, and phone number of the school your child currently attends
- Date, borough, and site where your child was tested
Once the request is received, an appointment will be scheduled. If you make the request online, you will receive an e-mail confirming your scheduled date and time. If you mail the request, you will be notified by mail.
Please note the following about the G&T test view appointment:
- The G&T test view is a 20-minute appointment. It will not be possible to reschedule an appointment to accommodate parents who show up late.
- Parents will independently view a copy of their child’s test booklet along with their answers.
- A Department of Education (DOE) employee will be present to facilitate the process.
- Test materials are secure and must remain with the DOE at the conclusion of the meeting.