Related Services

Office of Related and Contractual Services (ORCS)

Related & Contractual Services

Contracted agencies are issued a transmittal requesting service when there are no Department of Education therapists available to serve students.

A Related Service Authorization (RSA) is issued only when a contracted agency cannot provide the service. RSA (Related Service Authorization) allows a family to secure an independent provider paid for by the Department of Education.

A municipality list of independent providers and a municipality list of DOE clinicians and therapists approved to provide related services as independent providers will accompany the RSA. The independent provider may come to the school or the child's home, or a caregiver may take the child to the practitioner’s office (carfare reimbursement is available). The DOE provider who is serving a child as an independent can only serve a child before or after school hours.

Registries List