Education Administrator (EA), Supervisor, and CSA Director vacancies are posted throughout the year as vacancies arise, and they are generally open for at least ten business days.
To apply for a supervisory/administrative position with the New York City Department of Education, you must hold the appropriate New York State certification.
Note: Candidates for EA and Supervisor positions are no longer required to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
How to Apply
Do you have an existing application in the Teacher Support Network (TSN) system for a non-supervisory position at the DOE (e.g., teacher, substitute, lead or master teacher, or a pupil personnel title)?
You will need to follow these steps in order to apply for a supervisory position as a Principal, Assistant Principal (AP), EA, Supervisor, or CSA Director:
- Click the "Register Now" button on the TSN school leader login page.
- During the registration process, enter the same information, including the email address and password, that you used for your existing non-supervisory application.
- When you log in, you should be able to complete a School Leader/Supervisory Candidate Profile and access your existing non-supervisory application.
Note: While you are completing the School Leader/Supervisory Candidate Profile, you may see the following error message:
The following errors occurred:
Date Available for Employment is earlier than today.
If this error occurs, then in order to proceed, you must change the “Date Available for Employment” in your non-supervisory application to a date in the future (try next week, just to be sure). If you are unable to edit the content of your application, contact TSN's Technical Support team for assistance. They are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m until 5:30 a.m. and can be reached at 1-877-DO-TEACH (368-3224).
You must complete a School Leader/Supervisory Candidate Profile in the TSN system before you are able to apply for any specific vacancies.
View current postings
Apply for a position
- Apply as early as possible during the application period, in case you encounter any technical issues using the online application system.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be unable to edit or delete its content. Please read the instructions and review your resume and cover letter carefully before clicking the "Submit" button.
- All correspondence regarding your application will be sent via email to the email address you enter into the online application system. Please make sure you enter your address correctly and check your email regularly. If your email account utilizes a SPAM filter, it is your responsibility to identify “@schools.nyc.gov” addresses as “safe” so that you are able to receive email messages from these addresses.
If you continue to have problems submitting an application, please contact HR Connect at (718) 935-4000 or send an email to EAC30SUPPORT@schools.nyc.gov detailing the problem.
Please note: AOL email accounts may experience difficulty receiving emails from the NYC DOE. If you have access to a non-AOL email account, it would be best to use it when applying for NYC DOE positions. Free email accounts are available at Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail.