Cover Design Competition
Submission Period Now ClosedThe submission period for the 2013 Cover Design Competition is now closed.
How to Submit Your DesignThe submission deadline has been extended to Wednesday, February 13, 2013!
Participants may submit their cover design online via email to email@example.com or by mail at the address below.
Make sure to read the Official Entry Guidelines carefully for more information about submission requirements.
How to Submit by Email
- Deadline: February 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Entries received after this date will not quality for this competition.
- Format: Files must be submitted as a PDF or JPG only. Retain the final design file, but do not submit it.
- File Size: File must be less than 2MB.
- Email Details: Subject line must read "Cover Design Competition" and the first four digits of your birthday. For example, if your birthday is March 12th, your subject line should be "Cover Design Competition 0312." Attach your cover design files and consent forms.
- Confirmation: Email submissions will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If you do not receive a confirmation email, the design was not received. If you have difficulty submitting your design, please call 212-374-5396.
How to Submit by Mail
- Deadline: Mail-in entries must be received by February 13, 2013. Entries received after this date will not qualify for this competition.
- Format: Submission must be a full-color print-out copy of the cover design. Artwork will not be returned; make sure to keep the original design.
- Package Details: In addition to including your cover design submission and consent forms, mail-in entries require a signed and dated Mail-in Submission Form. Make sure to include all relevant contact information, including your email address, so that we can contact you if you are a winner. This form will be posted on the Resources page during the submission period. If your teacher is mailing in your design as part of a class, you still have to include all of the aforementioned materials in your submission.
- Mailing Address: Mail your package to the address below:
NYC Department of Education
Office of Student Enrollment
52 Chambers Street, Room 415
New York, NY 10007
ATTN: Cover Design Competition
Required Consent FormsIn order to qualify for this competition, participants must submit two consent forms before the submission deadline—one from the Department of Education and one from the Cooper-Hewitt. Consent forms are now posted on the Resources page.
Applicants can submit their consent forms in one of three ways by the submission deadline:
- Scan and Email the forms as attachments with your design to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax the forms to 212-374-5569, ATTN: 2013 Cover Design Competition Consent Forms.
- Mail the forms to Department of Education, Office of Student Enrollment, 52 Chambers Street, Room 415, New York, NY 10007, ATTN: Cover Design Competition Consent Forms.
Questions?If you have trouble submitting your design, please call (212) 374-5396.