New Students


Non-Resident Enrollment

The Non-Resident Enrollment program closed on August 31, 2015 and is no longer accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year. The Non-Resident Enrollment application period will reopen in July 2016 for admission in the 2016-2017 school year.

If you live outside of New York City and would like your child to attend a New York City school, you must submit a Non-Resident Application. The New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) must accommodate all resident students before enrolling non-residents. 

Non-resident students are not eligible to attend and may not apply to attend specialized schools, screened/selective schools or programs, gifted and talented programs, or pre-kindergarten programs.  

Tuition Rates

Non-resident students who live outside of New York City's five boroughs must pay tuition based on the rates set each year by the New York State Education Department.

The provisional rates are below. 

Student Grade Level

General Education

Special Education

Grades 0K-06 $5,071 $37,879
Grades 07-12 $6,850 $39,658


Additional Information

For more information about which enrollment processes you can participate in, please visit the Chancellor's Regulation on Non-Resident Enrollment

If you are moving to New York City and will be residing within the five boroughs (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, or Staten Island), you can register your child for school after you establish residency.  For information about registration for new students, visit our New Studentspage.




If you have questions about the Non-Resident Enrollment program please contact the Office of Student Enrollment by email at .