Welcome to the 2014-15 school year!
For New York City students and their families, this page is a one-stop, back-to-school shop with important information to get ready for the first day of school and a fantastic school year.
New School Day Schedules
An easy-to-use search tool is now available at the top of this webpage so families can find their school and confirm their child's school-day start and end times. Families can also contact their school directly to confirm this information.
Back-to-School Basics and Social Media
In addition to the information on this page, you can view a copy of Back-to-School Basics, a summary of important resources and services for families. You can also
like us at Facebook.com/NYCSchools
, where you'll find regularly posted information, or follow us at Twitter.com/NYCSchools
to join the back-to-school conversation via the hashtag #BacktoSchoolNYC
Chancellor's Letter to Parents
Chancellor Fariña is starting her first full academic year leading New York City schools. Read her welcome letter to the parents of 1.1 million students, full of exciting news about the 2014-15 school year.العربية
| Kreyòl Ayisyen
One-Stop Back to School NYC
- Sept. 4: First Day of School
- Sept. 16: Elementary School Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Sept. 17: High School Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Sept. 18: Middle School Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Sept. 25 and 26: Rosh Hashanah (schools closed)
- Attendance: Students who miss even two days of school a month end up missing an entire month by the end of the year. Every day counts.
| || |
- Are you a new student? We have what you need to register for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Pre-k: 4-year-olds can attend free pre-kindergarten! And it's not too late to apply.
- High school admissions. Did you know there are over 400 high schools in NYC? Find yours.
- All kids get free breakfast! But did you know your child may be eligible for free lunch too? Just fill out a quick application - which also ensures that your school receives State funding.
- Menus: Meatball parm or mixed veggies? Find out what's for breakfast and lunch at your school.
| Family Resources || |
: Check if you're eligible for free yellow bus service or an MTA card.
your child's bus stop or route.
Safety is the top priority. Learn tips to keep your child safe during the school commute.
| || |
ARIS Parent Link
- Log in to ARIS to view your child's grades, test scores, attendance, and more.
- Need your username or password? Find an FAQ too.
Get up-to-the-minute NYC school news: like
us on Facebook and follow
us on Twitter.
for important email updates.
for emergency updates from Notify NYC.