Human Resources

Request for Verification of Data Contained on Archived W-2 Register(s)

The Office of Employment Records Research can provide data from archived W-2 registers corresponding to tax years 1964 through 1969, and 1972 through 1990. Data provided may include:

  • Employer information (e.g., employer ID #, name, address)
  • Annual wages
  • Federal and State income tax withheld
  • Social security wages and tax withheld
  • Medicare wages and tax withheld

Requesting this Service
You can access our online request form from this page. However, before you get started, please thoroughly read the following as you will access the form differently depending upon your current DOE employment status.
To locate the correct set of instructions to guide you to the request form, please click on the statement below that best describes your current employment status:

I currently work for the DOE
I no longer work for the DOE

I currently work for the DOE
The following steps will need to be performed in order to access and submit the application:

  1. Access the online Employment Records Research Request Form here.
  2. In the Login section, found on the left-hand-side of the screen, enter your DOE Network/Email ID and password.  You will then enter your SSN, EIS ID or EMP ID.

    The following may be helpful in providing the requested information:

    • If you do not remember your DOE-issued email address or were never issued one, click on the “Forgot ID/Password?” link within the “Login” section for further assistance. This tool will either locate an existing DOE-issued email address or allow you to request one, if one does not already exist.
    • If you began your DOE career as a teacher or other school-based professional, your “EIS ID” is your file number with a prefix of “0”; if you began as a paraprofessional, your "EIS ID" is your file number with a prefix of "2".
  3. Once you have successfully logged on to the system, click on the Employee Self Service tab on the upper-left-hand-side of the screen.
  4. Within the “Employee Self Service” tab, click on Emp. Records Research.
  5. Once there, you will find information concerning the services the Office of Employment Records Research offers, including verification of archived W-2 data. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
  6. The next screen will display basic identifying information. Click Create New Request.
  7. On the resulting screen, click on the button corresponding to Verification of Data Contained on Archived W-2 Register(s) and then click Next.
  8. Complete the request form as required. When finished, click on the Submit button.
  9. Once your request has been submitted, you will receive confirmation of its receipt via email sent to the address specified in your application.

Back to top

I no longer work for the DOE
Contact one of the following agencies, depending upon the tax year(s) for which you are requesting records:

  1. Most recent 4 years: NYC Department of Education Divison of Financial Services.
    Find the "Documents" section on the right hand side of the page. Complete and submit the "W-2 Duplicate Request and Information Correction Form."

  2. 1991-present: NYC Office of Payroll Administration
    Navigate to the "Taxes" page which is found via the "FAQs" menu.

  3. 1964-1969 and 1972-1990 ONLY:

    Please fill out an "Archived W-2 Data Request Form" and submit to:
    NYC Department of Education
    Office of Employment Records Research
    65 Court Street, Level C
    Brooklyn, NY  11201

  4. 1963 or prior, 1970, 1971: Social Security Administration.
    Search for "SSA-7050" and fill out form 7050 "Request for Social Security Earnings Information."

Back to top

Turnaround Time
Requests are typically fulfilled within 30 business days.

Back to top

Contact Us
If you have additional questions regarding employment verification for pension purposes, please contact HR Connect at (718) 935-4000. HR Connect is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Back to top