Employee Self-Service (ESS) is a tool that allows you to view or change your health benefits, personal information (such as your name, address, and phone number), and tax status online – from work or from home.
- Log into ESS using your 7-digit DOE Employee ID number (listed as the "reference number" on your pay stub).
- Your temporary ESS password consists of:
- the last two digits of your Social Security Number, plus
- the first three letters of your birth month (must be upper case), plus
- your birth day (including the leading zero, if applicable), and birth year.
So, for example, the password for an employee with a SSN of XXX-XX-XX99 and a birth date of 01/02/1900 would be 99JAN021900.
After logging in with your temporary password, you will be prompted to change it.
If you have trouble logging in, call HR Connect at (718) 935-4000.
More information about how to use ESS, including step-by-step instructions for making changes to your health benefits, is available on the Key Links and Documents page.