What is SOLAS?
SOLAS (Self-Service Online Leave Application System) is an online system where employees may easily apply for a leave of absence from their computers or smartphones. All DOE non-supervisory Pedagogical, Education Paraprofessional, Family Paraprofessional, Health Service Aide, School Aide, and Supervisor School Aide employees are eligible to use SOLAS.
What’s new for SOLAS?
- Easier applications: Apply online and upload your supporting documents directly into the system.
- Faster processing and timely responses: The automated system makes it possible to process your application in significantly less time than it takes to process paper applications.
- Real-time information: Log in to SOLAS to get up-to-date information on the status of your application.
- Smarter staffing: With a faster, more efficient leave application system, schools will have more timely information to help them make staffing decisions.
- On October 29, 2015 the Division of Human Resources and HR Connect will launch the next phase of SOLAS. In phase VII, F/T Family Paraprofessionals, F/T School Aides, F/T Supervising School Aides, & F/T Health Aides will have access to SOLAS to apply for both medical and non-medical leaves.
F/T Family Paraprofessionals, F/T School Aides, and UFT Paraprofessionals will have access to SOLAS to apply for Workers' Compensation and Line of Duty in cases of assault.
Military leaves will also be added for all employees with access to SOLAS.
SOLAS log-in link for employees to apply for a leave:
Need help using SOLAS?