The new Self-Service Online Leave Application System (SOLAS)
makes it easier and more convenient for NYC Department of Education (DOE) non-supervisory pedagogical employees to apply for a leave of absence on their computer or smartphone!What’s new for SOLAS?
- HR Connect will no longer accept paper leave applications from non-supervisory pedagogical employees starting February 28, 2014 with the exception of the following leaves: study sabbatical leave, military leave, and line of duty (LODI).
- All non-supervisory pedagogical employees must use SOLAS to apply for restoration of health leaves, maternity related leaves, and health sabbatical leaves, in addition to the non-medical leaves which are already available (click here for more information). SOLAS will be available for other employee types and leave types in the coming months! Please check back here for updates.
- Easier applications: Apply online and upload your supporting documents directly into the system.
- Faster processing and timely responses: The automated system makes it possible to process your application in significantly less time than it takes to process paper applications.
- Real-time information: Log in to SOLAS to get up-to-date information on the status of your application.
- Smarter staffing: With a faster, more efficient leave application system, schools will have more timely information to help them make staffing decisions.
Click here to log in to SOLASClick here to read the SOLAS FAQs