What is SOLAS?
SOLAS (Self-Service Online Leave Application System) is an online system where employees may easily apply for a leave of absence from their computers or smartphones. All DOE non-supervisory Pedagogical, Education Paraprofessional, Family Paraprofessional, Health Service Aide, School Aide, and Supervisor School Aide employees are eligible to use SOLAS.
What’s new for SOLAS?
- Easier applications: Apply online and upload your supporting documents directly into the system.
- Faster processing and timely responses: The automated system makes it possible to process your application in significantly less time than it takes to process paper applications.
- Real-time information: Log in to SOLAS to get up-to-date information on the status of your application.
- Smarter staffing: With a faster, more efficient leave application system, schools will have more timely information to help them make staffing decisions.
- On December 8, 2016 the Division of Human Resources and HR Connect will launch the next phase of SOLAS. In phase VIII, most H Bank Administrative will have access to SOLAS to apply for both medical and non-medical leaves.
SOLAS log-in link for employees to apply for a leave:
Need help using SOLAS?