Human Resources

Other Related Types of Verification Requests

The following types of requests either do not fall under the category of employment verification or they should be fulfilled by an entity other than the DOE.  Please submit these requests accordingly:

Information Needed

Responsible Party

Pension information (i.e., membership dates, contributions, buy back
information, tier status)

Contact your retirement system

Verification of service performed at an agency other than the NYC Department of Education

Forward your request to the appropriate NYC agency

Verification of service performed at a day care center, child care program, an “At Home” program, or as a Community Liaison

If the position was funded by the DOE (i.e., employee worked for the DOE as a contractor) as part of a State or Federal program:

Proof of employment will be contained on the Form 1099-MISC issued to the employee at the end of the tax year in which s/he worked. The DOE cannot provide any more information for these types of positions.

If the position was not funded by the DOE, submit your request in writing to:

Human Resources Administration
180 Water Street, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10038

Verification of service performed at the City University of New York (CUNY)

Contact CUNY’s Human Resources Department:

(212) 794-5336

Verification of service performed as a School Safety Agent after December 20, 1998

(Service performed before this date is verified by DOE)

Contact the NYC Police Department, Division of School Safety: 

Verification of service as a School Crossing Guard

Contact the NYC Police Department, Employment Section: 

Explanation of discrepancy between Social Security Administration FICA withholdings and pension contribution statement for any/all years between January 1, 1986 through June 30, 1991

Contact in writing:

Office of Payroll Administration
FICA Refund Claim Unit, Room 200N
One Centre Street
New York, NY  10007

For more information, visit the OPA website at  and access the “FICA Refunds” page via the “Taxes” menu. 

Information contained on W-2 forms issued in the past


This service can be obtained as follows:

For information contained on W-2 statements issued from 1964 through 1969, and 1972 through 1990, please submit an online request for Verification of Data Contained on Archived W-2 Register(s). 


To obtain information contained on W-2 statements issued in 1963 or prior, or in 1970 or 1971, please visit the Social Security Administration (SSA) website:

Once on the site, search for “SSA-7050”. This will lead you to Form 7050 (Request for Social Security Earnings Information). Follow the instructions contained on the form for fulfillment of your request.


To obtain information contained on W-2 statements issued from 1991 to the present, please visit the Office of Payroll Administration website:

Once on the site, go to the “Taxes” page accessed via the “FAQs” menu to learn how to submit your request.

To obtain a duplicate W-2 statement for any of the four most recent tax years, please visit the DOE's Payroll Portal:

Once on the site, find the "Documents" section on the right-hand side of the page and locate the W-2 Duplicate Request and Information Correction Form. Complete and submit the form as instructed.


Contact the NYC Office of Payroll Administration (OPA):

Workers’ Compensation

Contact the DOE Workers’ Compensation Unit:

(718) 935-2213

Third-party loan forgiveness forms

Please be advised that HR Connect does not fulfill Loan Forgiveness applications. This type of request should be handled at the school level.