Salary and Longevity
Visit the Council of School Supervisors and Administrators’ (CSA) Contract Documents (2003 – 2010) Web page for information about salaries, longevity and schedules.
Assistant principals (APs) and school-based intermediate supervisors (SBISs) assigned to work the increased work year are subject to the same rules as principals with the following exceptions:
- The vacation year for AP/SBISs assigned to work a 12-month school year commences July 1 and ends June 30. (Please note: The vacation year for APs/SBISs assigned to work in Citywide Programs (D75) commences September 1 and ends August 31.)
- The annual leave entitlement is 27 days per year.
- An accrual of 2.25 days (two days, one hour and 45 minutes) will be credited on the 16th day of each month while in active status.
- Personal business and religious observance days must be charged to annual leave. These days may no longer be charged to Cumulative Absence Reserve (CAR).
- All workdays, including the summer, are seven hours and 15 minutes exclusive of a duty-free lunch. Annual leave may be taken in whole days or partial increments.
- Annual leave should not be charged for days listed in the Chancellor’s Memorandum Re: Scheduled Closings of District and Central Headquarters’ Offices, e.g., Labor Day, Columbus Day, etc.
- 12-month APs may not work per-session during holiday breaks.
- Effective July 1 of each year, APs/SBISs are authorized to use annual leave days that will be charged against future earnings.
- Any pro-rata summer vacation pay to which the AP/SBISs are entitled for the 2006-2007 school year will be vested for future use or payment.
- All annual leave must be used prior to the end of the vacation year. No annual leave may be carried over from one year to the next.
- CAR days may be used only for personal illness.
- As a result of the increased work year, assistant principals will earn one sick leave day per month for a total of 12 days per year, which are to be credited on the 16th day of each month while in active status. The maximum accumulation of CAR is 200 days.