Time-Sensitive Information for Employees
- The Excess Staff Selection System (ESSS) closed on April 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM. The Open Market Hiring System (OMT) opens on April 15, 2014 and is available for use by eligible UFT school-based staff, including teachers in excess and on leave seeking to transfer. OMT will be available through close of business on August 7, 2014.
- The Leave Tracking System (LTS) is now available. To access the LTS, click here: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/lrs/
LTS is an online system available for non-supervisory pedagogues currently on a non-medical leave that is due to expire by the end of December. LTS allows these employees to notify the DOE of their intention for the coming school year.
Please notify us of your intention by June 17, 2014. Your timely response helps to ensure that your school is correctly staffed for the arrival of students in September.
- To improve the security of your personal information, effective Monday, March 31, 2014 users will no longer have the option of entering a Social Security number when logging into the Payroll Portal.
To log into the Payroll Portal:
1 – Enter your Outlook (DOE) User Id;
2 – Enter your Outlook (DOE) password; and
3 – Enter either your Employee Identification Number (EID) or your EIS Number (file number).
Your Employee Identification Number is the same as the reference number on your payroll stub. You can also find it in the top left corner of your screen after logging into CyberShift, or by asking your payroll secretary or timekeeper.
For assistance, contact the Finance Service Center at (718) 935-5000.
- The Division of Human Resources & Talent and HR Connect has launched phase II of SOLAS. Non-supervisory pedagogical staff can now use SOLAS to apply for maternity related leaves, restoration of health leaves, health sabbatical leaves, in addition to non-medical leaves that are currently available. To log into SOLAS you will need to know your DOE email / Network ID and password. For more information, click here.
- Beginning March 1, 2014, all non-supervisory pedagogical staff must use SOLAS to apply for both medical and non-medical leaves. HR Connect will no longer accept paper leave applications after February 28, 2014 except for the following leaves: study sabbatical, military, and line of duty (LODI).
- Sabbatical Leaves of Absence for United Federation of Teachers (UFT) and Council of Supervisors and Administrators (CSA) - Effective August 1, 2014 through July 31, 2015 Personnel Memorandum #5, 2013-2014 (pdf)
- Announcement of Nominations and Election of Two Employee-Members of the Retirement Board of the Board of Education Retirement System (pdf)
- Put your information in the best hands – your own! Employee Self- Service (ESS) is a tool that allows you to view or change your personal information and health benefits online. Click for more information about ESS.
- Administrative Employees (H/ZBank) and Pedagogues (QBank) and Hourly and Part-Time Employees (EBank, TBank, and Custodial Payroll) should verify and update their Personal HR Record information to ensure HR records are accurate.
- The Long Beach Decision is an outcome of a New York State Court of Appeals decision based on a grievance filed by Civil Service Employees Association on behalf of employees in Long Beach, Long Island. A key provision of the decision required Long Beach (and other municipalities throughout the state of New York) to comply with applicable civil service law that limits the amount of time an individual may serve in what is known as a "provisional" capacity in a competitive class title. To learn more, read Frequently Asked Questions about the Long Beach Decision.