Strategies, Techniques, Options, Prior to Placement (STOPP)
Recommended Reading for School Staff On Student Behavior
- Bender, W.N., & Shores, C. (2007). Response to intervention: a practical guide for every teacher. CA: Corwin Press, Inc..
- Crone, D.A., Horner, R.H. & Hawken, L.S. (2004). Responding to problem behavior in schools: the behavior education program. New York: Guildford Press.
- Dawson, P. & Guare, R. (2010). Executive skills in children and adolescents: a practical guide to assessment and intervention (2nd Edition). New York: Guildford Press.
- Greene, R.W. (2009). Lost at schools: why our kids with behavior problems are falling through the cracks. New York: Scribner.
- Greene, R.W. & Ablon, J.S. (2006). Treating Explosive Kids: The Collaborative Problem-Solving Approach. New York: Guildford Press.
- House, S.N. (2002). Behavior intervention manual: goals, objectives, and intervention strategies. Columbia, MO: Hawthorne Educational Services, Inc.
- Johnston, P.H. (2004). Choice Words. Maine: Steinhouse Publishers.
- Long, N.J., Morse, W.C., Fecser, F.A. & Newman, R.G. (2007). Conflict in the classroom: positive staff support for troubled students (6th Edition). Texas: Pro-Ed Publishers.
- Long, N.J., Fecser, F.A. & Wood, M.M. (2001) Life space crisis intervention: talking with students in conflict. Texas: Pro-Ed Publishers.
- Long, N.J. (2008).The Angry Smile: The Psychology of Passive-aggressive Behavior in Families, Schools, and Workplaces. Texas: Pro-Ed Publishers.
- Long, N.J., Morse, W.C., Fecser, F.A. & Newman, R.G. (2007), 6th ed. Conflict in the classroom: positive staff support for troubled students. Texas: Pro-Ed Publishers.
- McLeod, Fisher & Hoover (2003). The key elements of classroom management: managing time and space, student behavior and instructional strategies. Virginia: ASCD.
STOPP Forms and Files
District 75 | 400 First Avenue, New York, NY 10010 | (212) 802-1500 | Contact