Pedagogic/School Based Payrolls

Staffing Grievance Unit

Q: How long does it take to process a grievance case and how is the interest calculated?

A: A grievance case can take 30 to 45 days to be processed. The interest is calculated from the date the decision is signed.

Q: I recently returned to work. When will I receive my first pay check?

A: Please contact the Staffing Unit at (718) 935-4873. This is contingent on a personnel action being entered by the Regional Operation Centers into the Employee Information System.

Q: I am not receiving the correct longevity increment. How can this be corrected?

A: Please contact the Division of Human Resources (DHR) at (718) 935-2900 in regards to any longevity issues.

Q: I started working after September. Will I receive vacation pay?

A: Yes. Your vacation pay will be pro-rated based on the number of months worked.