Your New York City Department of Education network login is used to access many different systems including email, HSST, payroll and other sensitive applications.
Because of the ability of your network account to access various systems, we have implemented 4 different safeguards to protect your account.
Your password is set to expire every 90 days. You will receive an email warning of your password expiration 2 weeks before your password expires. We recommend changing your password before it expires.
The system remembers your last 4 passwords and will not allow you to repeat them. You also cannot use a variation of previous passwords.
The NYCDOE requires your account password to be a minimum of 8 characters.
Complex passwords are required and have the following attributes:
- Do not contain all or part of your account name.
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- English lowercase characters (a through z).
- Base-10 digits (0 through 9).
- Non-alphanumeric (for example, !, $, #, %).
You can change your password via the Password Recovery and Account Confirmation Tool (PRACT).
If you have any questions about our password policy, please contact the help desk at (718)935-5100