||Access System Preferences |
- Open the System Preferences window by selecting the Apple Icon on the top start-up menu, and then choosing ‘Systems Preferences’
- In the System Preferences window, select the icon labeled: Network
- Select ‘New Location’ from Location drop down box. Enter in a name for the location (School code)
- Select “Airport” from the Show drop down box.
- Select ‘A specific network' or 'Preferred network' from: By default, join.
- Enter in the SSID for the specific network.
- Enter in the 40 bit WEP key as the password
- Click ‘Apply now’.
||Proxy settings: |
- Click on the “Proxies” tab
- Please check to ensure the proxy settings are correct for the laptop.
- If there is no proxy, select “Web Proxy (HTTP) and “Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS)”
- Type in “proxy” in the Web Proxy Server, port is 8002 . This will be for both “Web Proxy” and “Secure Web Proxy”.
- Click ‘Apply now’
||TCP IP Settings: |
- Click on the “TCP/IP” tab
- Check to make sure a valid IP address is given to the laptop.
- Exit out of this page.
||Internet Explorer Check: |
- Open up Internet Explorer and check to see you are able to access a non-cached web page. A good page to check is http://www.google.com/ and type in a keyword for a search
||Closeout Process : |