Features and Benefits of NGW Lightweight Architecture
The WLAN Light Weight Architecture provides several features and benefits that address today's wireless LAN issues. It provides:
• Dynamic channel and power assignment to access point to adjust antenna transmission power to avoid Radio Frequency (RF) interference, improve performance, and optimize coverage areas.
• Auto channel change when extreme channel interference is detected,
• Automated power adjustment to compensate for offline access points.
• Client load balancing to prevent a particular access point from an overload condition while other APs remain idle.
• Comprehensive centralized management options.
• Rogue access point detection to protect students
The following Figure describes scenarios such as RF interference mitigation and coverage hole detection/mitigation due to an AP failure.