Summary of Prohibited Discrimination
Summary of Chancellor's Regulations A-830
Overseeing the prompt resolution of discrimination complaints through investigation in accordance with Chancellor's Regulation A-830, and reviewing A-830 appeals.
Disseminating and implementing rules, regulations, procedures and guidelines for processing complaints of alleged discrimination.
Providing ongoing technical assistance to students, parents and staff as it relates to discrimination and sexual harassment procedures and policies.
Monitoring selected schools, central offices and community school districts for compliance with Chancellor Regulations regarding complaints of alleged discrimination and the posting of policy statements as required by law.
Maintaining records and logs of all discrimination complaints filed internally.
Analyzing and preparing reports of complaint trends.
Chancellor's Regulation A-830 Complaints may be submitted via:
Office of Equal Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Complaint Unit
65 Court Street - Suite 1102
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Chancellors' Regulation A-830 complies with the following:
- Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
- Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972,
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967,
- Section 503 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
- Fair Labor Standards Amendments of 1974,
- Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986,
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,
- Civil Rights Act of 1991,
- New York State City Human Rights Laws, and
- Provisions of Anti-Discrimination in Collective Bargaining Agreements of the Department of Education of the City of New York.
Title IX Inquiries:
Chancellor's Regulation A-830 covers Title IX complaints relating to discrimination and harassment. Questions about Title IX compliance or the Title IX complaint process should be referred to the Title IX Coordinator:
Keaton Wong, Title IX Coordinator