Other System Requirements
- Each teacher will have an initial planning conference and end of year conference with an administrator to discuss, then follow up on, expectations and goals for the year for the teacher’s performance and student learning outcomes.
- All teachers will receive a summative rating by September 1st of the following school year. Measure of Teacher Practice ratings will be available in June at the close of the school year.
- All principals will be certified as lead evaluators annually by the NYCDOE.
- All teachers rated “Developing” or “Ineffective” will implement a Teacher Improvement Plan (TIP) in the following school year to provide clear feedback, goals, and a timeline for professional growth.
- All teachers rated “Ineffective” will also receive observations from an Independent Validator in the following school year to provide an objective, third party evaluation of the teacher’s classroom practice.