Nearly 48,000 Families Applied Online Through Kindergarten Connect Since January 13, 2014
The New York City Department of Education today released preliminary results showing that almost 48,000 families used the Department of Education’s new online kindergarten application process, Kindergarten Connect. After piloting the online tool in three districts last year and seeing extraordinary participation, the DOE took the application process to the web in order to make applying to kindergarten easier for all families citywide—and participation in the admissions process hit a record high. While the application process was streamlined, school zones, options, and admissions priorities remain completely unchanged.
Preliminary data reveals Kindergarten Connect’s popularity among families:
• More than 83% of kindergarten admissions survey respondents rated the application experience as “very easy” or “easy.”
• 78% of kindergarten admissions survey respondents indicated that applying online was more convenient than their previous experiences applying to kindergarten at a New York City public school (if applicable).
• 70% (approximately 48,000) applied online, 17% (approximately 11,400) applied over the phone, and 13% (approximately 8,500) applied in person at an Enrollment Office.
• More than 68,000 applications were submitted—thousands more than the Department received at the end of the application period last year.
• 4,000 families accessed translation services over the phone in over 10 different languages.
All eligible children are guaranteed a placement offer for kindergarten. Families who applied by the deadline will receive a placement offer in early April. Families who miss the February 20 deadline can still apply by calling 718-935-2009 or visiting an Enrollment Office; they should expect to receive a placement offer in May.