|The Partnership Standards are guidelines that give schools and families clear direction and offer concrete ideas for working together effectively to help students prepare for college and careers. The Partnership Standards outline responsibilities for both schools and families.
||Click to Download the Partnership Standards|
|1. FOSTERING COMMUNICATION: School and families engage in an open exchange of information regarding student progress, school‐wide goals and support activities.
- School develops an open, two‐way dialogue with parents.
- School communicates high expectations for student achievement and offers supports to parents.
|2. ENCOURAGING PARENT INVOLVEMENT: Parents have diverse and meaningful roles in the school community and their children’s achievement.
- School provides opportunities for parents to be involved in creating a strong school community and a strong learning environment for all children.
- Parent leadership roles in the school are active, effective and inclusive.
- School encourages each parent’s involvement with their child’s education and provides supports for all parents.
|3. CREATING WELCOMING SCHOOLS: Creating a welcoming, positive school climate with the commitment of the entire school community. School is welcoming, inclusive and respectful.
- School develops and engenders trust, enthusiasm and common identity within the school community.
- School staff proactively involves and values all cultural and racial groups, and staff view difference as strengths upon which to build.
- School hosts a variety of events and activities for community members around academic engagement and social‐emotional growth of students and adults.
|4. PARTNERING FOR STUDENT SUCCESS: School engages families in setting high expectations for students and actively partner with parents to prepare students for their next level.
- Homework is meaningful, policy and expectations are clearly explained to parents and supports are offered.
- Parent teacher conferences are well planned.
- School faculty engage in reciprocal and ongoing discussions with parents about student achievement.
- School community has clearly defined roles and responsibilities of parents, students and school staff in achieving good attendance for all students.
5. COLLABORATING EFFECTIVELY: School community works together to make decisions about the academic and personal growth of students through school wide goals.
- School fosters collaborations with community‐based organizations to create a vibrant, fulfilling environment for students and families.
- School policy is developed through open and inclusive discussions with all members of school community.
- School and parent needs are identified through quantitative and qualitative means. School partners with community groups and organizations to provide services and resources to students and families.