- Every grade's curricula provide opportunities for hands-on and experiential learning in science and social studies.
- Teachers set individual goals for students in English Language Arts and Mathematics based on data that reflects students' areas of strength and need.
- Teachers meet with data specialists on a weekly basis to share updates on students' progress in meeting individual goals. Plans are made to target specific students to help them move forward.
- Enrichment clubs provide opportunities for advanced learning for students who are performing at or above grade level.
- Extended day program provides support for students who require extra help.
- Restructured Academic Intervention Services give students targeted support in areas where they need it. A focus on push-in rather than pull-out services ensures that students are not missing excessive amounts of instructional time.
- Music and visual arts programs develop students' creativity and improve their ability to learn in all academic areas. Students also receive artist-residency programs in theater and dance.
- School-wide character education curriculum fosters a sense of community and promotes positive behavior.