Washington Irving High School
Sarah Hernandez, PRINCIPAL
40 IRVING PLACE, MANHATTAN, NY 10003Phone: 212-674-5000
School Name, Number, or Address
DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 9 IN:
9/2006 THROUGH 9/2010
Local Diploma (Credits)
Regents Diploma (Credits)
Advanced Regents Diploma (Credits)
English: English 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Social Studies: Global History & Geography 1, 2, 3, 4; US History & Gov’t 1, 2; Economics (1 term); Participaton in Gov’t (1 term)
Mathematics: Math A (3 terms or 4 terms);
Math B (3 terms or 4 terms);
Pre-Calculus (2 terms)
Science: Living Environment 1, 2;
Earth Science 1, 2;
Chemistry 1, 2
Physics 1, 2
Health: Health (1 term)
Art: Art (1 term)
Music: Music (1 term)
Language other than English:
Foreign Language (2 – 6 terms)
Physical Education (7 terms)
Sequence Courses/Electives: Varied
TOTAL REQUIRED (minimum)
65 OR ABOVE
65 OR ABOVE
Global History & Geography
65 or ABOVE
US History & Government
55 – 64
Languages other than English
CTE CREDIT TOWARDS GRADUATION:
- All students may use specialized CTE courses to meet graduation requirements.
- Academic credit for CTE specialized courses is contingent upon passing the related core academic subject Regents-examination.
- Successful completion of a CTE specialized course may be used as a unit of credit in a core academic subject and also as a unit of study t meet CTE sequence/program requirement.
- A unit of credit may be earned by a CTE work-based learning experience that provides a minimum of 300 on-job-site hours with appropriate in-school experience.
- College credit is awarded to CTE students in certain sequences who are in College Now, Tech Prep or Early College Porgrams based on articulation agreement with post-secondary institution.