P.S. 185 The Early Childhood Discovery and Design Magnet School
JANE MURPHY, PRINCIPAL
20 WEST 112 STREET, MANHATTAN, NY 10026Phone: 212-534-7490
School Name, Number, or Address
· Children who will turn 4 years old between January 1 and December 31.
· Applications available at the main office.
Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grades
· Child must be zoned to P.S. 185.
· Available seating will be given to other applicants from the district (in the given order).
· Child is tested and placed by the Department of Education G&T Placement office. (tested at the zoned school).
Tours are posted in September. Individual Tours will be provided.
All Parents will need the following at registration:
1. The parent with child
2. Child's Birth Certificate
3. Immunization Card (Shots required at registration)
· 4 DPT’s
· 3 Polios
· 2 MMR’s ( First MMR must be done after first birthday)
· 3 Hepatitis B
· 1 Varicella
4. Evidence of a recent Physical Examination on the Department of Health Physical Form.
5. Prek – Children born in 2004 December 31st .
6. Kindergarten – Children born in 2005 by December 31st.
7. 1st Grade – Children born in 2006 by December 31st.
8. Proof of Address.
Acceptable documents for proof of address:
· Utility Bill (Gas, Water, Electric). Name of parent must be on the bill.
· Documents from city housing authority.
· Medical Insurance Card. – Letter from employer (on letterhead).
· Letter from the community agency (on letterhead).
· Deed to a house- Letter of introduction from DOE – for students in temporary housing.
· Documents from Human Resource Administration
Unacceptable Documents for proof of address:
· Telephone bill
· Drivers License
· Lease by itself