Code Of Conduct
Student Dress Code
All students are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to dress appropriately for school and school functions. Students and their parents have the primary responsibility for acceptable student dress and appearance.
Teachers and all other school personnel should reinforce acceptable student dress and help students develop an understanding of appropriate appearance in the school setting.
A student’s dress, grooming and appearance shall:
- Be safe, appropriate, and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process
- Reflect the school uniform policy; that is a white collared shirt and black slacks or a black skirt
- Ensure that underwear is completely covered with outer clothing
- Include footwear at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed
- Not include the wearing of headwear in the building except for a medical or religious purpose
- Not include items that are vulgar, obscene, libelous, or denigrate others on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability
- Not promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities, such as gang affiliation
Students who violate the student dress code shall be required to modify their appearance by covering or removing the offending item, and if necessary or practical, replace it with an acceptable item.
Any student who refuses to do so shall be subject to discipline, including detention and in-school suspension.
Any student who repeatedly fails to comply with the dress code shall be asked to purchase a uniform to be kept by Manhattan Hunter Science staff. Should the student arrive at school out of uniform, he/she will be expected to change into said uniform. Failure to do so shall be treated as insubordination.