ESL (English as a Second Language)
One of the main goals of our Dual Language program at P.S. 132 is to afford our students the linguistic advantage of becoming bilingual, bi-literate and multicultural. We believe that these linguistic and cultural skills will empower them to function successfully in a global society. Upon completion of the Dual Language program, all students will:
- reach a level of academic achievement that will meet or exceed the city and state standards.
- develop high levels of literacy and speaking skills in English and Spanish.
- demonstrate a positive attitude and behavior in our multicultural society,
- be prepared to take the admission exams for epecialized intermediate schools.
- attain higher self-esteem through the appreciation of their own culture.