Community School for Social Justice
Sue-Ann Rosch, PRINCIPAL
350 GERARD AVENUE, BRONX, NY 10451Phone: 718-402-8481
School Name, Number, or Address
CSSJ/CAB Open Roads After School Clubs
· Art Club (Fashion Design) - Monday & Thursday 3:30-6pm
Functional style of art design/ fashion, (Sneaker, Hat, T-shirt design).
· Basketball Club -Tuesday& Friday, 4-6pm, Wednesday, 1-4pm
Tournaments, games and possible entry into the PSAL, as an official team.
· Dance Club -Monday, Tuesday3:30-6:00 & Friday 3:15-4:30pm
Learn to dance hip hop, perform in talent shows and Participate in Amateur Night at the Apollo.
· Swimming Club -Thursday, 3:30-6pm
Swimming at the CAB swimming pool. There will also be pool parties.
· Open/ Trip Club - Fridays, 3:30pm – 6:00pm (Once a Month)
Create your own activities on a regular basis: games, trips, movies, sports, etc.
· Student Council - Wednesday, 12:30-1pm
Organizing student activities, Fundraising & improving your school and community.
· Mock Trial Club -Thursday 3:45pm – 4:45pm
Role play Civil & Criminal trials and learn about courtroom procedures.
· Chess Club -Monday, 3:45-4:45pm
The Chess Club is open both to students who already know how to play chess and to students who want to learn.
· Young Leaders - Monday, 3:10-3:55pm
Leadership program for a select group of students from 10th and 11th grade.
· College Awareness - Wednesday, 12:30- 1:30
Learn about the college process, applications, and scholarships .
· Year Book Committee – Wednesday, 1:30- 3:00 (12th grade only)
Organizing the year book, planning the prom, and other senior activities.
· SOCIAL ACTION – Thursdays, 3:45 – 4:45pm
Learn about government politics and advocate for student rights.
· Computer club – Tuesday, 3:45 – 4:45pm
Learn basic computer programs . Develop and enhance your resume.
· GIRls SOFT BALL – Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:15 – 5:00
Learn how to play softball and compete in tournaments.
· Prom Committee – Wednesdays 12:30 – 1:00
Assist with the prom planning: location, party favors, food & music
· Music Production – Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30 – 6:00
Learn the basics of music production using digital equipment and instruments. Create a compilation CD.