Where it all begins
P.S. 071 Rose E. Scala
Phyllis Calzolaio, PRINCIPAL
3040 ROBERTS AVENUE, BRONX, NY 10461Phone: 718-822-5351
School Name, Number, or Address
Use of the School Computers and the Internet
Internet access and word processing programs are available in the computer lab in Room 405. Mobile laptop carts are also available on each floor for classroom use. Computer usage will be monitored and everyone is expected to adhere to the following rules:
1. Students are not to tamper with the software or settings on the computers, including desktop wallpaper.
2. Students may only use software approved by the teacher.
3. No food or drinks are permitted in the computer lab or while using the laptops from the mobile carts.
4. No gum chewing is permitted in our school. It is school policy.
5. No computer game‑playing.
6. Software copying and music downloading is prohibited.
7. A check of equipment irregularities (computer malfunction, vandalism, etc.) must be made by all students at the start of each class, and must be immediately reported to the teacher.
The consequences of violating any one of these rules may result in one or more of the following:
1. A Dean's referral.
2. Permanent‑ expulsion from computer lab.
3. Criminal charges. (Vandalism and Software pirating are crimes.)