1.0 ATTENDANCE, LATENESS AND CUTTING
- Students are required to get to school on time every day (School starts at 8:00 am).
- Students are required to attend all scheduled classes.
- Students are required to reach each class on time.
- After the late bell rings students who, for any reason, are in the hall without a pass will receive a Dean's referral and have their parents notified.
- Persistent absences, lateness will result in guidance and disciplinary actions. Parents will be called into school.
- Students are restricted to the boundaries of their academy. Student is allowed on any other academy without a teacher escort.
- Passes are issued periods 2-7 ONLY.
- No passes are issued the first ten and last ten minutes of any period.
- Guidance Counselors, teachers and other staff members may be seen by appointment only, except in emergencies.
- Students may only use the special laminated pass provided by your teacher to go to the bathroom.
- Students may NOT go anywhere in the building without a written pass from their scheduled teacher.
3.0 SCHOOL TONE
- Students are required to come to school prepared to work. This includes possession of notebooks, pens, school supplied books and other materials or gym clothing, as required.
- Students are required to dress in the school uniform, appropriately and neatly for school in a manner that does not disrupt or interfere with instruction. Please use caution: Expensive clothing or jewelry makes an inviting target for theft.
- Hats or head coverings of any kind are never permitted on school premises.
- Our school family is expected to be courteous and respectful towards each other. Therefore, cursing and dissing will not be accepted.
- Walkman radios, earphones, and Game Boy may not be brought to school. If they are worn or used, they will be confiscated until a parent comes to school for it.
- Possession of beepers or cell phones in school is prohibited by the regulations of the New York City Department of Education. A student found in the possession of a beeper, cell phone or walkie-talkie will have them confiscated. It will be returned ONLY TO A PARENT!
- Possession of any weapon, real or imitation, including guns, knives, clubs, martial arts objects, firecrackers, ammunition, laser pointers, matches, lighters or other deadly or dangerous instruments will result in suspension by the Superintendent and if warranted an arrest.
- Fighting, assault, coercion, sexual or biased harassment; possession, use, distribution or sale of drugs; theft, vandalism and similar acts of inappropriate behavior will result in discipline procedures. This may include police involvement, arrest and/or suspension.
All students are required to demonstrate appropriate behavior, self-discipline, respect for others and abide by school regulation, students rights and student responsibilities.
- Speak respectfully to all members of the IS 229 community; other students faculty and staff.
- Attend all classes on time.
- Have a pass whenever you are in the hall, NO bathroom passes are issued the first or last ten minutes of the period, nor the entire first or eighth periods.
- Have a pass from your teacher to go to the Guidance Counselor, Nurse, General Office, etc.
- Leave the school promptly at the end of Homeroom.
- Be at school on time. School begins at 8:00 A.M. every day.
- Go to every class scheduled on your program.
- Not bring weapons of any kind.
- Not bring intruders (cousins, friends, people who are not part of the IS 229 "family").
- Not use drugs or alcohol.
- Not abuse anyone verbally or physically.
- Not bring beepers or cell phones to school.
- Not wear hats, hoods, masks, scarves, "do-rags" or head coverings.
- Not wear or use Walkman anywhere in the building.
- Not have or use another student's metro card.
- Not be in the gym except during their own-programmed period.
- Not wear valuable jewelry or clothing.
- Not bring large sums of money to school.
- Not gamble or use playing cards.
- NO HATS
- NO WALKMAN
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- NO POINTED SCISSORS
- NO BOTTLES OR FOOD
- NO BOX CUTTERS
- NO RAZOR BLADES
- NO KNIVES
- NO FINGERNAIL FILES
- NO MARKERS
- NO BEEPERS OR PHONES
- NO LAZAR POINTERS
- NO PLAYING CARDS