Students Are Responsible For:
- Coming to school daily to learn.
- Following the directions of all adults on campus.
- Respecting and caring for school property and property of others.
- Demonstrating good citizenship and behavior.
- Being on time dressed in school uniform.
- Working in each class until dismissed by the teacher.
- Bringing all supplies needed for classes every day.
- Participating in all classroom activities.
- Maintaining a planning book with all assignments written in.
- Showing courtesy and respect for everyone.
- Daily violin practice and daily listening to the Suzuki CD.
- Maintaining good personal hygiene, including clean, short fingernails.
Parents Are Responsible For:
- Reinforcing your childâ€™s desire to learn.
- Guiding your child to develop acceptable behavior that includes self-control and accountability for his/her actions.
- Knowing, understanding, and supporting the rules your child is expected to follow.
- Being sure your child is in school and on time.
- Staying aware of all of your childâ€™s assignments, special projects, due dates and extracurricular activities.
- Notifying the school in advance on any day your child is going to be absent or late.
- Ensuring that your child is clean, in good health, and properly nourished.
- Providing a quiet time and place to study.
- Making sure that students have all supplies needed for school.
- Providing your child with the required clothing for school and for dance classes.
SPECIAL SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR HSVD STUDENTS:
Dance Supplies can be purchased at these stores:
Capezio Dance Theatre Shop
At 51st St- 2nd floor
New York, NY 10019
Ask for Miriam Suarez or Carlene Stewart
New Image Dance Supplies
40 Westchester Square W.
Bronx, NY 10461
Ask for Ruben Blankovich
SUZUKI VIOLIN METHOD BOOK ONE. Purchase in school - $5.
SUZUKI BOOK ONE CD for listening at home. Purchase in school - $15
A music stand for practice at home is recommended.