Bronx Lab School: Three Big Rocks
Use diverse student data to drive student achievement
· By 2014, 80% of students will earn a 65% or higher the first time they take the Regents.
· Revise College Portfolios to include 4 year academic plans
· Create a recruitment plan for incoming 8th graders
· Organize and celebrate 4th Annual College March Madness
Students understand learning outcomes and assess their own learning against these
· Ensure that all lessons have clear and worthy Mastery objective posted for every lesson
· Assess students against those objectives
· Align Gateway Projects and Capstones to CCSS
· Roll out DDI (Science, Math, & ELA)
· Continue PLTS and start them earlier in year
· Continue to expand the Independent Reading Program
Culture, Climate, & Community
Adults and students live by a code of conduct aligned to the school’s mission, vision, and values.
· Continue the BLS 5
· Continue the “100% Respect” campaign
· Strengthen Advisory-Continue a 9th Grade Advisory Curriculum & Introduce a 10th Grade Advisory Curriculum
· Continue the many school wide celebrations
· Hold a September School Wide Assembly
· Increase parent participation at school events and parent teacher conferences.