March 1, 2010
· Inquiry Support Gr. K – 5 Week of March 1st
· Curriculum Planning Gr. K-5 Week of March 8th & 22nd
· Analyzing Data to Drive Instruction Gr. 3-5 Week of March 8th
· Aligning Curriculum & Instruction: Clusters – Week of 3/8 & 3/22
· MITC Staff Developer Stephanie: 3/12,15, 26
· TC Staff Developer Dahlia: Gr. K-2 - 3/2 & 3/23
· TC Staff Developer Maggie: Gr. 3-5 - 3/10
· Math ITA Gr. 3-5 – 3/10
Our Focus for the Month
We have begun curriculum planning for the school year 2010-2011. Therefore, as teachers get together to plan, you should discuss each unit already taught and decide as a grade if we should keep the unit or not. Also, review any rubrics that need to be revisited in all subject areas. This will facilitate the teams that are working around curriculum development. Remember that curriculum must be aligned to the NYS standards.
On another note, communication is very important. Not only is communication among us as colleagues are important but also communication between teachers and parent. How often are you communicating with your students’ parents? What information are you communicating with your students’ parents? What form of communication do you have in place to provide feedback on students’ progress and what evidence do you have that shows an understanding of feedback by parents?
Kindly take the time to discuss this very important matter with your colleagues during grade meetings. One suggestion is to send monthly newsletters to parents.
· Safety committee meeting – 3/25- 9:30 AM
· Parents as Learning Partners: 8:40 a.m. – 3/5
· Parent-Teacher Association Meeting – 3/18 6:30 PM
· Parent-Teacher Conference – 3/16 1:00-3:00 & 6:00-8:30PM
School Leadership Team
· School Leadership Team Meeting 3:30 PM – 3/15
· NUA – Leadership Meeting 3/4th
· Spring Recess Break 3/29th -4/6th