Pride, Achievement, Excellence
P.S. 290 Juan Morel Campos
BRIGITTE NEWELL, PRINCIPAL
135 SCHENCK AVENUE, BROOKLYN, NY 11207Phone: 718-647-1113
School Name, Number, or Address
SCHOOL-BASED POLICY OF 19K290 FOR USE OF CELL PHONES, COMPUTING DEVICES, AND PORTABLE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS ON SCHOOL PROPERTY, DURING THE SCHOOL DAY, AFTER SCHOOL
1. Cell phones and portable music and entertainment systems may not be turned on or used during the administration of any school quiz, test or examination. If used, or visible, test scores will be invalidated as test security may have been compromised.
2. Students who use cell phones, computing devices, and/or portable music and entertainment systems in violation of any provision of the DOE’s Discipline code, the school’s policy, Chancellor’s regulation A-413, and/or the DOE’s Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy (“IAUSP) will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidance interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.
3. Cell phones may not be turned on or used while on school property
4. Cell phones may not be turned on or used during instructional time, during the day, after-school, and other schools govern programs or activities.
1. Any violation of the above policy will result in, but are not limited to the following:
· Confiscation of item and return to parent at end of school day
· Confiscation of item and return following a face to face parent conference
· Confiscation of item and return following the student entering into a behavioral contract
· Revocation of privilege to bring item to school.
P.S. 290 is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen phones, computing devices, portable music and entertainment systems.