Today's Students are Tomorrow's Leaders
P.S. 247 Brooklyn
Christopher E. Ogno, PRINCIPAL
7000 21 AVENUE, BROOKLYN, NY 11204Phone: 718-236-4205
School Name, Number, or Address
My name is Ms. Manger and I will be working with your child this year in technology. We will be learning about many different types of technology, as well as the programs and software used in conjunction with that technology.
All students will have a chance to develop their skills, as the student to laptop ratio in grades 3-5 is 1:1. Grades K-2 also have ample access to laptop technology. Last year, Mr. Ogno made sure each K-5 classroom had a SmartBoard, and so technology plays a major role in your child’s day-to-day experience at P.S. 247.
By the time our students are ready to graduate from P.S. 247, they will have had the chance to:
· develop the skills necessary to perform advanced online researching tactics.
· use problem-solving and skills previously learned to pilot them through a variety of different technology systems.
· explore the many resources that can be found online.
· improve their word processing skills.
· work collaboratively with others, respecting their ideas and needs.
· operate a variety of input and output devices.
· demonstrate a deeper understanding and use of technology in daily life.
· gain a set of tools that will enable them to succeed in a technology-rich society.
· begin to explore social networking within a safe environment.