Bay is collecting food for those in need. Please visit the website for information on this wonderful program. http://www.cityharvest.org/
The most needed foods are:
- canned fruit
- canned vegetables
- peanut butter (plastic jars)
- mac and cheese (packaged)
- hot and cold cereal (packaged, family-sized)
The following donations will feed a family of four for a day:
- Breakfast: Box of cereal or oatmeal; dried fruit; powdered milk; 100% fruit juice.
- Lunch: Tuna, peanut butter, or soup; canned vegetables; canned fruit.
- Dinner: Any canned protein (i.e. beef stew, chicken), or meat sauce; macaroni & cheese, pasta or rice; canned fruit or applesauce.
- No glass, please, with the exception of baby food!
- City Harvest collects food exclusively, though we can recommend programs which accept clothes and toys.
Our goal is to reach 1,000 pounds!! We can do it!! Let's feed the hungry men, women, and children in NYC.