Each November, the Bay Academy collects food for those in NYC who are in need. Please visit the website for information on this wonderful program. http://www.cityharvest.org/
The most needed foodsare:
• canned fruit
• canned vegetables
• peanut butter (plastic jars)
• mac and cheese (packaged)
• hot and cold cereal (packaged, family-sized)
The following donationswill feed a family of four for a day:
• Breakfast: Box of cereal or oatmeal; driedfruit; powdered milk; 100% fruit juice.
• Lunch: Tuna, peanut butter, or soup; cannedvegetables; canned fruit.
• Dinner: Any canned protein (i.e. beef stew,chicken), or meat sauce; macaroni & cheese, pasta or rice; canned fruit orapplesauce.
• No glass, please, with the exception of babyfood!
• City Harvest collects food exclusively, thoughwe can recommend programs, which accept clothes and toys.
Our goal is to reach 1,000 pounds!! We can do it!! Let's feed the hungry men, women, and children in NYC.