Welcome to P.S. 236
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 2:20pm
Lead By Example
Together for Children
The students enjoyed the carnival.
Thank you to the P.A.
November 4th - Election Day - No school for students
November 11th - Veterans Day - No school
November 13th - Parent-Teacher Conf.
November 20th - Pre-K Non attendance day
November 25th -PA Meeting 7:00pm
November 27th - Thanksgiving No School
November 28th - No School
Science Exhibition 2014
Lego Exhibition 2014
The Parent Association funded the Music For Many, Inc. Assembly
April Armstrong (storyteller & singer) & Ayodele Maakheru (musician)
Spelling Bee at P.S. 236
1st Place - Daniel Koulta
2nd Place - Adam Konstantinovsky
3rd Place - Celina Greco
roared into P.S. 236!
Thank you to the PA for
Notify NYC is the City of New York’s official source for information about emergency events and important City services. What you need to know, when you need to know it.
Registration is free and simple. Follow the registration link below to create your account. If you are already enrolled, you can log in to customize your account.
Click here to register: Notify NYC
Class 5-201 won the SuccessMaker
@ Home Snowball Spectacular!
They worked for 47.4 hours combined
as a class during Winter Recess
utilizing the Pearson SuccessMaker
Program at home.
Their efforts paid off -
they came in #1 in NYC!
P.S. 236’s Goals
In looking at trends from a city and state prospective as well as using summative and formative assessments and our own in house data sources, we can see that our needs are the following:
- Increase the number of students scoring at level 4 from level 3.
- Increase the number of students making progress within level 3 and level 4.
- Continue to have our Special Education subgroup make exemplary gains
A review of data suggests that student weaknesses in ELA are in the following areas:
- Determining the meaning of new words using context clues, a dictionary or a glossary
- Reading to collect and interpret data, facts and ideas from multiple sources
- Identifying information that is implied rather than stated
- Observing the rules of punctuation, capitalization and spelling and using correct grammatical construction
A review of data suggests that student weaknesses in Math are in the following areas:
P.S. 236 will work toward strengthening these areas in student performance and progress.