SPRING RELATED ARTS FESTIVAL
Come on out to see our talented students perform in Orchestra, Dance and Chorus.
Tickets sold at the door- $5/per person
6th Grade Performances
Parent Association Meeting
Thursday, May 15, 2014
7th Grade Performances
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
8th Grade Performances
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Extended Parent Teacher Conferences
May 15, 2014-4:00-7:00pm
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teacher
1. What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
2. What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
3. What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
4. If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples? 5. How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
6. Does my child turn in homework on time?
7. Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
8. Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
9. What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
10. Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
SPONSORED BY ANDRIES HUDDE JHS 240
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Please visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS
to schedule an appointment.
Appointments encouraged; walk-ins welcome!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULED DATES
· Grades 3-8 Mathematics State Exams- April 30 – May 2, 2014
· NYESLAT: Listening, Reading, Writing Exam- May 5- May 16, 2014
· CDEC 22 Meeting- P.S. 207- Elizabeth G. Leary
May 1, 2014, 7pm
- Half day Dismissal- 11:20am
· Grades 3-8 English Language Arts State Exams- April 1- April 3, 2014
· Grade 8 Science Performance Test- May 21- May 30, 2014
· Grade 8 Science Written Test- June 2, 2014
· Last day of school: June 26, 2014