COMMUNITY DISTRICT EDUCATION COUNCIL (CDEC 22)
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
THE ART EXPERIENCE
The Council is excited to announce our first Black History Month contest. Submission deadline is March 10, 2014.
Submit a drawing, painting, or collage of an African-American person that has made a positive influence in your community. Write in your own words why you chose this person and how s/he has influenced you to become a leader in your community. Submit your entry to Mrs. Clemente in room 114.
Extended Parent Teacher Conferences
March 4, 2014-4:00-7:00pm
March 12, 2014-4:00-7:00pm
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teacher
1. What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
Hudde’s Parent Association Presents
2. What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
3. What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
4. If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples? 5. How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
6. Does my child turn in homework on time?
7. Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
8. Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
9. What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
10. Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
"Respect for All Dance"
Thursday February 13, 2014Rescheduled date-
canceled due to inclement weather
April 10, 2014
Pizza, Beverage, Live DJ,
Performance by Winners of Song Contest
Dress to Impress
Tickets $5 .00
On Sale 2/10-2/13 in the PA store-Cafeteria
RESPECT FOR ALL PARENT WORKSHOP
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Lets travel around the world in a two hour tour
Bring a dish to celebrate the different ethnicities that is in our Hudde community.
For every parent that brings a dish, a discounted coupon will be given to your child for the next school dance.
College Career Readiness Parent/Student Workshop
Thursday, March 27, 2014 6pm
Light Snack and Refreshments will be served
- Meet with representatives from different colleges
- learn how to prepare for your child to go to college while in Middle School.
- Learn about the cost of college tuition
- Financial Aid
IMPORTANT SCHEDULED DATES
· SLT Meeting- February 6, 2014- 6pm
· CDEC 22 Meeting- P.S. 326- 1800 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234- March 6, 2014, 7pm
· Respect for all dance-
February 13, 2014- April 10, 5pm
- Multicultural Night- March 13, 2014- 5:30pm
- Respect for all Antibullying Workshop-5:30pm
- Parent Association Meeting- 6:30pm
- School Spirit Day- February 14, 2014-Red/Pink/White day
· Mid-winter Recess: February 17 - February 21, 2014
· Parent-Teacher Conferences: February 26 & 27
· Grades 3-8 English Language Arts State Exams- April 1- April 3, 2014
· Spring Recess: April 14 - April 22, 2014
· Grades 3-8 Mathematics State Exams- April 30 – May 2, 2014
· NYESLAT: Listening, Reading, Writing Exam- May 5- May 16, 2014
· Grade 8 Science Performance Test- May 21- May 30, 2014
· Grade 8 Science Written Test- June 2, 2014
· Last day of school: June 26, 2014