Unit Goals Reading Grade K
Kindergarten Unit 10
Reading: Essential Question
How Do We Build a Reading Life?
- We will reread many old favorites as well as new books, and think about how they are the same, and how they are different.
- We will choose “just right” books for independent reading.
- We will tap out new words as we read, notice word families and rhyming words, and check the picture for clues and then look at the first letter.
- We will stop and think about what is happening in the books we read, and reread if something does not make sense.
- We will reread in a smooth voice, pay attention to punctuation to read with expression, and make our voice sound like the character.
- We will think about all the story elements.