The partners in our school are the students, parents, teachers, school staff members, and the administration. Through this “Home/School Compact Agreement” these partners commit themselves to a successful and productive educational experience at PS43MS. This agreement is based on the values of Honor and Respect. Each partner is expected to honor and respect the other individuals and components of the school.
- Will show respect for all areas of the PS43MS building and take care of it.
- Will come to class prepared with notebooks, textbooks, pens and pencils.
- Will participate in a positive manner.
- Will follow all rules and regulations set by the school and teacher.
- Will show respect to all adults and students.
- Will actively help their children to fulfill all the items above.
- Will bring their children to school promptly, and pick them up on time.
- Will communicate their concerns first to the classroom teacher, then to the guidance counselor or the administration.
- Will work with their children to advance their education by checking homework and all assignments.
- Will create a positive classroom atmosphere for all students.
- Will focus on the improvement of literacy during each lesson.
- Will accommodate the individual needs of all students.
- Will notify parents of student’s accomplishments and difficulties in a timely fashion.
- Will be available to meet with students and/or parents to help resolve difficulties that may arise.
- Will provide a safe, nurturing educational environment for all students.
- Will ensure that the needs of all students, parents and teachers are met.
- Will enforce all disciplinary actions deemed necessary.
- Will meet with students and/or parents to resolve difficulties that may arise.