PS. 63Q SCHOOL-BASED POLICY
USE OF CELL PHONES ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
Students are permitted to bring cell phones to school, but they may not be turned on or used at school.
A. The use of cell phones at school is subject to the conditions below:
1. Cell phones may not be turned on or used during the administration of any school quiz, test or examination, except where such use has been explicitly authorized by the school or is contained in an Individualized Education Program or Section 504 Accommodation Plan.
2. Cell phones may not be turned on or used during school fire drills or other emergency preparedness exercises.
3. Cell phones may not be used in locker rooms or bathrooms.
4. Students who use cell phones are in violation of any provision of the DOE’s Discipline Code, the school’s policy, Chancellor’s regulation A-413, and/or the DOE’s Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy (“IAUSP”) will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidance interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.
5. Cell phones may not be turned on or used while on school property.
6. Cell phones may not be turned on or used during instructional time or non-instructional time.
B. Confiscation and return of cell phones:
Cell phones may be confiscated and returned based on the nature of the violation. Where appropriate, measures should be instituted in a progressive fashion. Such measures may include, but are not limited to:
● Confiscation of item and return at end of school day
● Confiscation of item and return following parent conference
To view the School Lunch Menu go to:
optional languages available
Monday through Thursday, from 4 to 7 p.m. during the school year.
Visit www.TeacherLists.com for the
2016-17 school supply list