Find out about the Common Core State Standards
SCHOOL-BASED POLICY FOR USE OF CELL PHONES, COMPUTING DEVICES,AND PORTABLE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
Students arepermitted to bring the following electronicdevices into the school building:
1) cell phones, 2) laptops, 3)tablets, iPads, and other similar computing devices; and 3) portable music andentertainment systems, such as iPods, MP3, players, PSP, and Nintendo DS.
A. Use of Electronic Devices
1. During School Day and After-SchoolPrograms
· Electronicdevices are not allowed to beused or turned on at any time on school property during the school day or onschool trips.
· Electronicdevices are not allowed to beused or turned on at any time on school property during after-school programs.
2. During State Tests and Practice Tests
· Electronicdevices will not be allowedin the classroom during the administration of a state exam including practicestests. It is suggested that studentsleave devices at home on the testing days to facilitate the testing process.
· Electronicdevices will be collected andstored at the school. Devices will bereturned to the student at the conclusion of the state examination or practicetest at the end of each testing day.
Electronic devices may be subject toconfiscation by a school administrator or staff member. Method of return of confiscated devices willbe determined on a case by case basis. Where appropriate, measures will be instituted in a progressive fashion,which may include:
· Warningto student to end the use of the electronic device and put it away.
· Confiscationof the electronic device and return to student at end of school day.
· Confiscationof device from student and return to parent/guardian following parentconference.
· Confiscationof device from student and return to parent following student entering intobehavioral contract.
· Revocationof privilege for student to bring device to school.
Students who use any electronicdevice in violation of any provision of the DOE’s Discipline Code, the school’spolicy, Chancellor’s regulation A-413, and/or the DOE’s internet Acceptable Useand Safety Policy will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidanceinterventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.
D. Lost / Stolen Electronic Devices
Students are responsible for theirelectronic devices and should take measures to ensure that their devices aresafely stored away in their backpack or pocket.
PS 64 IS NOT RESPONSIBLE ORLIABLE FOR
ELECTRONIC DEVICES THAT ARE LOST, DAMAGED, OR STOLEN.
The policy set forth inthis document was developed by the PS64Q administration in conjunction with the
PS 64Q School Leadership Team.
Begins at 7:30 am
Enter from 82 Street & 101 Avenue door facing the park
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Kindergarten & 5th Gr. Picture Day
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
P.A. Meeting 8:30 a.m.
All 2nd Grade Classes to Carnegie Hall
9:30 OWL Assembly (Gr. K & 1)
Thursday,May 7, 2015
9:30 OWL Assembly (Grade 2 & 3)
Friday, May 8, 2015
9:30 OWL Assembly (Gr. 4&5)
Dress Like a Twin Day
Monday, May 11, 2015
All 1st Gr. Classes to Queens College
4-329 & 4-327 Class Trip to MCU Park
Tuesday,May 12, 2015
Stress Management Parent Workshop at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday,May 13, 2015
Family Night 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
All 5th Gr. Classes to Queens College
3rd Gr. Special Assembly
Friday, May 15, 2015
All 3rd Gr. Classes to Grade Meadows Farm
Inside Out Day
Monday, May 18, 2015
Young People Chorus Satellite Concert at Symphony Space Theatre
May 8 - 22
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Engaging Your Child in Reading
Parent Workshop 8: 30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
All 3rd Gr. Classes to Carnegie Hall
Friday, May 22, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
All 3rd & 5th Gr. Classes to Brooklyn Botanical Garden
Friday, May 29, 2015
Read Me Day (wear clothes with words on them)
All kgn Classes Trip to Queens Botanical Garden
Last day for Girls' Club