NYS 2009 Title 1 School of Distinction Award
NYC Department of Education Progress Report
Overall Score : A
· School Environment Score: A
· Student Performance Score: A
· Student Improvement Score: A
NYS 2009 ELA Exam:
· 89.6 % of students in grades 3, 4, & 5 met or exceeded the NYS standards in Literacy.
NYS 2009 Math Exam:
· 99.1 % of students in grades 3, 4, & 5 met or exceeded the NYS standards in Mathematics.
NYC 2008 Quality Review
· Overall Score: Well Developed with “Outstanding Qualities”
2004/2005-- High Performance Gap-Closing School Award
2002- NYS Business Council Pathfinder Award for Reading ImprovementOn March 31st, 2004, Caroline Kennedy visited PS 66. On that day, we renamed the school The Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School after Caroline's mother. Mrs. Kotchek's second grade class created a book titled "Young Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis". Caroline Kennedy then had the book placed in the Kennedy Memorial Library in Boston, Massachusetts.